This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Ship Inn, Mousehole
Get away from it all with a magical seaside break at the Ship Inn, Mousehole. Overlooking the white sand and colourful fishing boats in the heart of the ancient fishing village of Mousehole, the Ship Inn is the perfect destination to unwind and get away from the rat race. This traditional granite inn offers a warm welcome, excellent home made food and charming rooms, many overlooking the sea.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01736 731234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Where we are: Situated on the Harbour Edge, Mousehole, on the western tip of Cornwall
• Main access routes: A30
• Directions: Follow the A30 to Penzance and then the signs to Mousehole .
• Drop off point at the front door.
• Shops ~ local shops in the village all with in easy walking distance.
• There are very few places that can be found in the United Kingdom that have retained their original character and charm in the way that the tiny fishing village of Mousehole has.
• Mousehole (pronounced Mowzel) is one of Cornwall's most picturesque hamlets; a stunning collection of yellow-licensed houses, built from the local finely grained Lamorna granite, huddled together around the inner edge of the harbour - protected from the force of the sea coming across Mounts Bay by two sturdy breakwaters.
Car Parking and Arrival
Two car parks are located on the quayside. One left & one right hand side of the harbour mouth. Pay and display car parks since January 2016
• Car parking in the village is extremely limited with very narrow roads.
• The route to both sides is approx 150 metres in either direction and is well lit with smooth tarmac.
Bar & Bar Area and Dining Area/Restaurant
The is only one entrance to the Inn which is located on the roadside overlooking the harbour. One small 50mm granite step up through a 1020mm wide front door (single leaf) usually open. Access to the Bar / Reception is through an 890mm (double leaf) door into the low beamed dimly lit bar. The floor is granite flagged and slightly uneven but no obvious trip hazards. The tables and chairs can be moved please ask for assistance. The counter top is 1095mm high. Staff will take you to your accommodation on your arrival.
• Please be aware that this is a busy village Inn and at times can be crowded. If you have any special requirement please call 01736 731 234 in advance of your arrival.
• The WC's in the Inn are located upstairs not lending themselves to wheelchair users. The nearest Disabled WC is located on the left hand Quay approx 150 metres from the Inn.
• The stairs leading up to the WC's are carpeted, well lit. The surface of the WC's is non-slip material.
• The WC's are adequately signed from the Bar Area.
Accommodation - Bedrooms
Accommodation is above the Inn & the Cottage next door. The Cottage has accommodation on three floors (stairs and landings to each floor) of a converted cottage.
• In total there are 8 double en-suite rooms, with some looking over the Harbour towards St Michael's Mount.
• 6 rooms overlook the Harbour and have splendid sea views. All rooms are non-smoking.
• A family room with a double bed and bunk beds is available, and price is on application.
• Description of route to ground floor family room:
• Two wide steps (865mm) up from the street level first step 125mm and second step 150mm high. Front door is 865mm wide, single leaf. Corridor 735mm at its narrowest. Door into family room 690mm single leaf door. 690mm access around the double bed in bedroom 1 - bed can be moved. Bedroom 2 has bunk beds. Bathroom has bath with shower above. Bath fitted with hand rails.
• We accept pets in our bedrooms. Guide and Service dogs are also welcome.
• Check-in time is 2pm.Unfortunately due to the size and nature of the Village of Mousehole, we rely on public parking. The rate is approx £3 per 24 hours and is just a minute's walk to the Ship Inn. In 2016 the Car Parks will be changing to Pay & Display.
Facilities available in each room:
• Tea and coffee making facilities/Hairdryer
• Multi-lingual escape notice on the back of each room.
• Breakfast served in the Inn 9am - 10am.
• Packed lunches available on request at Breakfast time please.
Accommodation - Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
• Bathrooms: All en-suite with shower cubicles.
2 Rooms with showers above a bath – Family Room & Room 6 – please check for availability.
• Tom Bawcock's Eve is a festival held on the 23rd of December in Mousehole, Cornwall, UK. The festival is held in celebration and memorial of the efforts of Mousehole resident Tom Bawcock to lift a famine from the village. During this festival Star Gazy pie (a mixed fish, egg and potato pie with protruding fish heads) is eaten and depending on the year of celebration a lantern procession takes place.
• Stargazy pie is a Cornish dish made of baked pilchards and Seven other kinds of seafish, covered with a pastry crust. The pilchards are arranged with their tails toward the centre of the pie and their heads poking up through the crust around the edge, so that they appear to be gazing skyward. It is traditionally served with Cornish clotted cream.
• Boating: The Ship Inn lies over the harbour.
• Dancing: Nightclubs in Penzance only 3 miles away.
• Fishing: With the sea on our doorstep fishing is unlimited
• Music: Background music.
• Swimming: Only in the sea and harbour
• Walking: The Ship is right on the Great West Way - Coastal Path
• Parking - offsite: Parking is very limited
We will be producing a large print Menu in 2016 available on request
Address (Inc postcode):
The Ship Inn, South Cliff, Mousehole, Cornwall TR19 6QX
SW 468 263 GB Grid
Hours Of Operation:
Please tel: 01736 731 234 for up to date details
Cornwall Carers Service tel: 01872 266383 web: email@example.com
Local Equipment Hire:
H.S.C. Mobility ~ Hayle ~ 01736 755 927
Local Accessible Taxi:
Daves Cars 01736 368 668 07435 786 370 or 07972 670 275
Local Public Transport:
National Rail Enquiries ~ Guide to UK national rail services Tel: 08457 48 49 50 National Express Coach Company ~ National Express is the UK's largest scheduled coach travel company. Tel: 08705 808080